In the custom framing business, MOLDING is what we call wood that creates a picture frame. Much as a carpenter places molding on your walls, we place molding around a picture. Picture frame molding can be made of many materials, but at Rider Frames and Gallery, we use only wood frames. Wood has the versatility to have many finishes, and creates a more durable, easier to work with product.
Here are terms to know when framing a photograph, print, or 3D objects.
- Width of frame refers to the face of the frame measurement (the side facing the viewer). The width of a frame is generally 3/8” wide to 4” wide. The heavier a piece is the wider the frame should be to support the weight.
- Height of frame refers to the frame measurement from the side. The height refers to how far the piece will sit from the wall. If you are framing 3D objects you will need a frame with height to create a box for the objects.
- Rabbet depth is the depth of the recess at the back of the frame that you load the contents into. Think of the frame as a suitcase — the depth of the suitcase is the rabbet depth. With canvas picture frames you need a frame with a deep enough rabbet to accommodate the thickness of the canvas on its stretcher bars.
These are only a small selection of the frames we offer. Our full supply of molding can be viewed here.
Start dreaming of the look you want to achieve!
- Black Frames
- Silver Frames
- Gold Frames
- Wood Tones
Our three step promise ensures that your artwork, keepsakes, and valuables stay protected and are displayed the best they can be.
- Quality: We use only the very best, acid free materials in mounting and showcasing your pieces. We test our products to ensure they resist fading, discoloration, warping, or rippling.
- Service: Any piece you bring or mail to us remains at our facility. We do all work in-house and take pride in keeping your valuables safe at all times.
- Guarantee: Should any of our products not meet our quality standards we will replace the molding, mattes and mounting boards.
For our out of town shoppers: Need to choose frame molding and mattes without being able to come in to our location? Fill out the contact form below and we will email photo samples once we narrow down the design criteria.Call Us