Conservation Crescent® Select mattes are our highest quality matboard. Completely archival with acid free paper and cores, these mats will last for hundreds of years and protect your most valuable art. Colors are perfect and there are very few defects. Conservation matboards are offered in extra thick 8 PLY format for that epic museum look in addition to the traditional 4 ply matte.
Benefits of Acid Free Mattes
- Acid free mattes will protect your artwork from visible ageing
- Protects valuable art
- Used for fine art prints & photography
- Truest colors with fewest defects and cleanest edges
- Thickness of 0.052″ (4 PLY) and 0125″ (8 PLY)
- All mattes come with a 45 degree beveled edge.
- Available in White & Black Core
- Hundreds of colors and textures available.
Fabric & Textured Mattes
- Available in hundreds of colors
- Adds texture and richness to any project
- Traditional Style treatment of mattes
- Fabric Mattes can be used without glass for protection due to the coating with which they have been treated.
Just a few examples of Conservation Crescent® Select Mattes
Our three step promise ensures that your artwork, keepsakes, and valuables stay protected and are displayed the best they can be.
- Quality: We use only the very best, acid free materials in mounting and showcasing your pieces. We test our products to ensure they resist fading, discoloration, warping, or rippling.
- Service: Any piece you bring or mail to us remains at our facility. We do all work in-house and take pride in keeping your valuables safe at all times.
- Guarantee: Should any of our products not meet our quality standards we will replace the molding, mattes and mounting boards.
For our out of town shoppers: Need to choose frame molding and mattes without being able to come in to our location? Fill out the contact form below and we will email photo samples once we narrow down the design criteria.Call Us