Oversized Framing: 40”x 60” (and up)
Pieces are considered oversize if they exceed 40”x 60,” whether it be a poster, print, jersey, wall hanging or original art. For example, a piece that measures 24” x 72” would be classified as oversize.
Extra Considerations for Oversized Pieces
- Cost: Oversize pieces increase the cost for materials, labor and shipping.
- Weight: Plexiglass is often used on oversized pieces to reduce weight. The plexiglass we use is of very high quality to avoid scratches, glare and warping. It is has the look of glass without the weight but is more expensive than glass.
- Limitations in Matte Options: we have hundreds of matte colors and textures to choose from. Oversize mattes are slightly more limited in colors and textures.
Do not let the limitations and extra considerations involved with oversize art scare you! We LOVE oversized pieces, and there is always a way to get pieces framed and mounted, even if it is a little extra work.
Our three step promise ensures that your artwork, keepsakes, and valuables stay protected and are displayed the best they can be.
- Quality: We use only the very best, acid free materials in mounting and showcasing your pieces. We test our products to ensure they resist fading, discoloration, warping, or rippling.
- Service: Any piece you bring or mail to us remains at our facility. We do all work in-house and take pride in keeping your valuables safe at all times.
- Guarantee: Should any of our products not meet our quality standards we will replace the molding, mattes and mounting boards.
For our out of town shoppers: Need to choose frame molding and mattes without being able to come in to our location? Fill out the contact form below and we will email photo samples once we narrow down the design criteria.Call Us